Magnetic Property Measurement Systems MPMS 3 and MPMS XL
Our laboratory is equipped with SQUID magnetometers MPMS 3 and MPMS XL made by Quantum Design for the study of magnetic properties of condensed matter in the temperature range 1.8 K – 400 K and magnetic fields up to 7 T.
The MPMS 3 incorporates major advances in data acquisition, temperature control and magnetic field control with ≤ 10-8 emu sensitivity.
Main Features of the Quantum Design MPMS 3 SQUID Magnetometer:
- Cryogen Free with EverCool® (full helium recycling capability)
- Multiple Measurement Modes
- DC Scan
- VSM (Vibrating Sample Magnetometer) Scan
- AC Susceptibility Scan (0.1 Hz to 1 kHz, sensitivity: 5 x l0-8 emu at 0 T)
- Temperature Range: 1.8 – 400 K
- 7 Tesla Magnet (–70 kOe to +70 kOe)
Selected enhanced specifications of MPMS 3 in comparison with the older model MPMS XL:
- Rapid cooling rate up to 30 K/min
- Rapid field change up to 700 Oe/sec
- QuickSwitch® magnet – very quick change between driven and persistent mode
- Sensitivity < 1×10-8 emu at H < 2500 Oe